Hello!! As you know, last weekend I posted a video tutorial on Instagram about how you can create an A6 journal by your own. In this post, I will specify you all the materials and steps for this process.
- 6 sheets of A4 white paper. (Usign 6 sheets, you will have a journal of 24 pages, if you want more, just add more sheets).
- An A4 cover for your journal. (It will be better if it’s thicker than your sheets of paper. I recommend you to choose one that has more than 120 gsm).
- Thread (you can choose the colour and the thickness that you want. I prefer to use a white and thick thread, as it’s more resistant).
- A needle
- Scissors, cutter or a rotary guillotine trimmer
- A pencil
- A ruler
- An awl
- Optional: use a corner rounder punch to make the corners of your journal rounded.
- Mark the middle of your A4 sheets (14’9 cm).
- Cut them through the line. You will get 12 A5 sheets.
- Now mark the middle of them (10’5 cm).
- Fold them in half.
- Use the corner punch to make the corners rounded
- Cute the cover of your journal (11’5 x 16 cm)
- Fold it in a half and round the corners
- Put together the sheets and the cover. Make sure it’s aligned well
- Mark two dots 4’5 cm from each side.
- Poke holes
- Cute a piece of thread. Double it. Its lenght should be twice longer than the height of the journal.
- Thread a needle and tie two knots at the end of the thread.
- Insert the needle from the outside to the journal to the inside of it. Repeat this process twice.
- Tie a knot to the top/bottom of the outside of the cover. That’s all!
Here you have the video and some pictures of the final result. Hope this could be useful for you!
View this post on Instagram
✍🏻DIY✍🏻 Creating your own handmade journals is not as difficult as it seems. On today’s video I show you a mini tutorial about how you can create one of these. You have a list of all the materials that you need and all the steps that you’ve to make on my blog: www.laiajournal.com 🥰