Hello!! As you know, last weekend I posted a video tutorial on Instagram about how you can create an A6 journal by your own. In this post, I will specify you all the materials and steps for this process.
- 6 sheets of A4 white paper. (Usign 6 sheets, you will have a journal of 24 pages, if you want more, just add more sheets).
- An A4 cover for your journal. (It will be better if it’s thicker than your sheets of paper. I recommend you to choose one that has more than 120 gsm).
- Thread (you can choose the colour and the thickness that you want. I prefer to use a white and thick thread, as it’s more resistant).
- A needle
- Scissors, cutter or a rotary guillotine trimmer
- A pencil
- A ruler
- An awl
- Optional: use a corner rounder punch to make the corners of your journal rounded.
- Mark the middle of your A4 sheets (14’9 cm).
- Cut them through the line. You will get 12 A5 sheets.
- Now mark the middle of them (10’5 cm).
- Fold them in half.
- Use the corner punch to make the corners rounded
- Cute the cover of your journal (11’5 x 16 cm)
- Fold it in a half and round the corners
- Put together the sheets and the cover. Make sure it’s aligned well
- Mark two dots 4’5 cm from each side.
- Poke holes
- Cute a piece of thread. Double it. Its lenght should be twice longer than the height of the journal.
- Thread a needle and tie two knots at the end of the thread.
- Insert the needle from the outside to the journal to the inside of it. Repeat this process twice.
- Tie a knot to the top/bottom of the outside of the cover. That’s all!
Here you have the video and some pictures of the final result. Hope this could be useful for you!